Business Angels Services
Our consultants act as private investors for innovative sustainable ventures with demonstrated high-level growth that require equity capital for exploitation plans.
We are specialised in business angels and early stage funding for social innovation entrepreneurship and solutions for solving environmental challenges. We mainly invest in high-growth enterprises and entrepreneurs dedicated to tackling some of society’s greatest challenges with strong triple bottom line returns. We search for the most vibrant organisations passionate about leveraging the power of the market to create significant economic, social and environmental value.
We are proud of taking a holistic approach to the funding needs of our clients, working with them closely to understand their funding requirements. Whether working with early stage SMEs to prepare them for pitch investments, supply finance from our business angels funds or via our networks, or assist them with trainings on business development, we offer a truly integrated support service to companies and entrepreneurs.
Among our consultants we count social entrepreneurs and experienced social financiers who had firsthand experience in building and running social businesses themselves and are therefore best placed to provide expert support to growing organisations.
As a leader in Sustainable and Responsible Investing (SRI), our business angels investments are focused on what we call “for-profit social enterprises“, pursuing meaningful social and environmental performance as well as delivering financial value.
We work with promising social entrepreneurs to help them build a compelling investment case, devise a fundraising strategy and target investors. We envision an investment marketplace that values social and environmental impact as much as the financial bottom line. As impact investors, we look for compelling cases that convince us not only that an entrepreneur can create a thriving business with financial return for investors, but also that he or she can transform millions of lives.
Our investments are based on a research process that examines financial performance and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices to identify organisations with solid credentials and competitive long-term performance perspectives. Our investments provide equity capital to businesses and entrepreneurs in underinvested markets, seeking financial returns, as well as the creation of quality jobs, lower harmful emissions and lead to sustainable wealth.
Our investments have been designed to provide business angels funding for organisations which have established initial operations but require additional support to achieve critical mass in Europe and fulfill their growth in other member states and markets.
We accept investment proposals from organisations with a proven model to deliver both financial returns and disruptive social and environmental impacts. We mainly invest in European based companies and organisations operating for at least 12 months with:
- A mission which is socially driven but with a measurable and profitable business model;
- Seeking to raise > 500.000 EUR of capital (debt or equity) within the next 6 to 12 months;
- Well established market position with loyal customers;
- A track record of positive cash generation from trading;
- Proven technology or service structure going beyond prototype phase;
- Value for money and cost advantageous products or services;
- European scalability and transferability potential to growing end-markets;
- Well established exploitation / dissemination plans and exit strategies;
- The potential to attract another investment partner keen to invest with us;
- The qualities to become an attractive acquisition target.
In addition to these requirements, in order to be considered for our business angels funding, you would need to provide:
- Market data, information on sales, partners, competitors and a viable route for up-scaling;
- Product specifications and barriers to market uptake;
- Value proposition, differentiation and payback period to end users;
- Business plan and financial projections, including last twelve months revenue and balance sheet.
As an investor in your company, Euro Freelancers will be a committed and active business partner. We do not only invest money, but also provide our knowledge, experience and access to our network.
In addition to our direct investments, we help organisations secure business angels funding from private investors through our networks and investor clubs that connect emergent businesses searching for equity with investors.
There is an acute need to up-scale impactful solutions for sustainability challenges and this requires stronger collaborative platforms for social innovation. Hence, we are actively building a community of early stage investors passionate about scaling up positive, social and environmental change through market forces. We connect like-minded investors and organisations with one another and act as a channel for human and financial capital to flow to worthy social enterprises. These investors are philanthropists, business leaders and community organisations who share a common pledge to use capital more effectively for the benefit of enterprises, communities and the environment.
We offer direct access to these experts who do not only provide finance but also assess the business potential for new technologies/products. They can offer support services needed to bring innovative concepts to the market in the form of investors seeking, knowledge transfer, training and licensing. By doing so, we help companies connect with private equity providers and market uptake innovative concepts through technology transfer. We provide individualised innovation support services to significantly improve the market access of your innovation, commercialise your technology and create an exploitation and EU wide dissemination plan.
In addition, we facilitate the creation of partnerships between the organisations we invest in and our business angels investors network and other funding consultants. We pride ourselves on the strength of these partnerships with both high rise companies and co-investors. We are convinced these partnerships are core drivers of value creation and investment success.
We bring insight, opportunities and relationships to other investors, entrepreneurs and service providers interested in clean technology (cleantech) investments. These are technologies that optimise the use of natural resources while reducing ecological footprint and adding economic value by significantly lowering cost and improving profitability. We define clean technologies as those that:
- Use energy, water and other raw materials more efficiently and productively;
- Deliver equal or superior technological performance;
- Improve profitability through cost reduction or increased revenues and create less waste or toxicity.
Cleantech spans many industry, which have been organised into 13 categories according to the picture below (click to enlarge).
Image Courtesy of Cleantech Group
Several factors contribute to making clean technology a compelling investment opportunity today:
- Cleantech represent large, fast growth market;
- Attractive deal flow of early stage companies;
- Scientific innovation reduced costs of clentech, making them competitive with present technologies;
- Cleantech companies are run by increasingly high-quality management boards;
- Exit history of cleantech sector demonstrates significant capital returns, becoming even stronger;
- Cleantech are underinvested and have potential to being used in other areas (e.g. IT, Life Sciences).
We have set up a specialist team of cleantech experts and works with clients ranging from large multinationals to start-ups and micro-entrepreneurs. Our team’s experience spans through a range of industries including environmental technologies (waste, water, soil, air), renewables, energy efficiency, biofuels, smart building and sustainable transport.
Whether you are an existing investor, would-be investor or an entrepreneur looking for investment to grow your business, contact us to find out how working with us can help you achieve success.