Our consultants act as private investors for innovative sustainable ventures with demonstrated high-level growth that require equity capital for EU exploitation plans. We are specialised in business angels funding for social innovation …
entrepreneurship and solutions for solving environmental challenges by the use of environmental technologies. We mainly invest in high-growth enterprises and entrepreneurs dedicated to tackling some of society’s greatest challenges with strong triple bottom line returns. We search for the most vibrant companies passionate about leveraging the power of the market to create significant economic, social and environmental value.
We are proud of taking a holistic approach to the funding needs of our clients, working with them closely to understand their business and funding requirements. Whether working with early stage SMEs to prepare them for pitch investments, supply finance from our business angels funds or via our networks, or assist them with trainings on business development, we offer a truly integrated support service to companies and entrepreneurs.
Among Euro Freelancers’ consultants we count social entrepreneurs and experienced social financiers who have had firsthand experience in building and running social businesses themselves and are therefore best placed to provide expert support to growing companies.
As a leader in Sustainable and Responsible Investing (SRI), Euro Freelancers’ business angels investments are focused on what we call “for-profit social enterprises“, pursuing meaningful social and environmental performance as well as delivering financial value.
Our equity funds are based on a research process that examines financial performance and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practices to identify companies with solid credentials and competitive long-term performance prospectives. Our funds provide equity capital to businesses and entrepeneurs in underinvested markets, seeking financial returns, as well as the creation of quality jobs, lower environmental harmful emissions and lead to sustainable wealth.
Our business angelsinvestments have been designed to provide business angels funding for companies which have established initial trading but require additional support to achieve critical mass in the EU and fulfil their growth in other member states and markets.
We accept investment proposals from companies with a proven model to deliver both financial returns and disruptive social and environmental impacts. We mainly invest in EU based companies and organisations operating for at least 12 months with:
- A mission which is socially driven but with a measurable and profitable business model;
- Well established market position with loyal customers;
- A track record of positive cash generation from trading;
- Proven technology or service structure going beyond prototype phase;
- Value for money and cost advantageous products or services;
- European scalability and transferability potential to growing end-markets;
- Well established exploitation / dissemination plans and exit strategies;
- The potential to attract another investment partner keen to invest with us;
- The qualities to become an attractive acquisition target.
In addition to these requirements, in order to be considered for business angels funding, companies or organisations seeking our finance would need to provide:
- Market data, information on sales, partners, competitors and a viable route for up-scaling;
- Product specifications and barriers to market uptake;
- Value proposition, differentiation and payback period to end users;
- Business plan and financial projections, including last twelve months revenue and balance sheet.
As an investor in your company, Euro Freelancers will be a committed and active business partner. We do not only invest money, but also provide our knowledge, experience and access to our network.
In addition to our direct investments, we help companies and other organisations secure business angels funding from private investors through our business angel networks and investor clubs that connect emergent businesses searching for equity with investors.
There is an acute need to up-scale impactful solutions for sustainability challenges and this requires stronger collaborative platforms for social innovation.
Euro Freelancers is actively building a community of business angels passionate about scaling up positive, social and environmental change through market forces. We connect like-minded investors and entrepreneurs with one another and act as a channel for human and financial capital to flow to worthy social enterprises. These investors are philanthropists, business leaders and community organisations who share a common pledge to use capital more effectively for the benefit of enterprises, communities and the environment. Euro Freelancers offers direct access to these experts who do not only provide finance but also assess the business potential for new technologies/products and offer support services needed to bring innovative concepts to the market in the form of investors seeking, knowledge transfer, training and licensing. By doing so, we help companies connect with private equity providers and market uptake innovative concepts through technology transfer. We provide individualised innovation support services to significantly improve the market access of your innovation, commercialise your technology and create an exploitation and EU wide dissemination plan.
In addition, we facilitate the creation of partnerships between the companies we advise and invest in and ourbusiness angels investors network and other funding consultants. We pride ourselves on the strength of these partnerships with both high rise companies and co-investors. We are convinced these partnerships are core drivers of value creation and investment success.
Euro Freelancers is bringing insight, opportunities and relationships to other investors, entrepreneurs and service providers interested in clean technology (cleantech) investments. These are environmental technologies that optimise the use of natural resources while reducing ecological footprint and adding economic value by significantly lowering cost and improving profitability. We define clean technologies as those that:
- Use energy, water and other raw materials more efficiently and productively;
- Deliver equal or superior technological performance;
- Improve profitability through cost reduction or increased revenues and create less waste or toxicity.
Cleantech spans many industry, which have been organised into 13 categories according to the picture below (click to enlarge).
Image Courtesy of Cleantech Group
Several factors contribute to making clean technology a compelling investment opportunity today:
- Cleantech represent large, fast growth market;
- Attractive deal flow of early stage companies;
- Scientific innovation reduced costs of clentech, making them competitive with present technologies;
- Cleantech companies are run by increasingly high-quality management boards;
- Exit history of cleantech sector demonstrates significant capital returns, becoming even stronger;
- Cleantech are underinvested and have potential to being used in other areas (e.g. IT, Life Sciences).
Euro Freelancers has set up a specialist team of cleantech experts and works with clients ranging from large multinationals to start-ups and micro-entrepreneurs. Our team’s experience spans through a range of industries including environmental technologies (waste, water, soil, air), renewables, energy efficiency, biofuels, smart building and sustainable transport.
Whether you are an existing investor, would-be investor or an entrepreneur looking for investment to grow your business, contact us to find out how working with us can help you achieve success. Alternatively, you can request, complete and send back to us for evaluation our investment application form by clicking here.